What: Enhancement & Expansion plan of existing location (54 Centre Ave W)
When: 1-5 years (2020-2025) varies on fundraising, staffing & government operating grant approval
Why: To meet growing childcare demands in the Altona & surrounding area.
How: With the assistance and support of our members and community through fundraising, the Town of Altona, Local business donations, Grant Awards, MB Families Provincial Operating Grant, and Community donations.
Kiddie Sunshine Centre is non profit, licensed, early childcare education facility located in Altona
• Established in 1983
• Serve over 150 families in Altona and the surrounding area
• 100% public daycare in the community and open year round
• 49 Licensed childcare spaces for children age ranges 0-12 years old
• Provide daycare, nursery school and before and after school care services
• Access to childcare in the Rhineland area is very under-served
• Currently, childcare space in the Rhineland are is available for only 4.2% of children 0-12 years old*
• Overall in Manitoba childcare is available to only 17.6% of children*
• Canadian experts believe that at least 50% of all children 0-12 should have access to full-time childcare
• This shortage of access to childcare is negatively impacting our communities
• Access to childcare supports economic development in the community
*Source: Reconnaissance Management Consulting Group 2017
Why is expansion needed?
Access to childcare is a major factor in parents going back to work and it:
• Increases workplace retention rates
• Improves workplace recruitment with wider access to talent
• Supports retenion & advancement of women in the workplace:
- Women are still the primary gender opting out of work for a period of time to provide care for their young families.
Investing in childcare also:
• Supports Economic Development: For every $1 invested in childcare, $1.58 is generated in local benefits
• Creates jobs in Early Childhood Education in our community
• Invests in the future - the education of our children and growth of our community
• The Centre has a robust enhancement and expansion plan that will more than double the childcare availability in our community
• But we need your help to achieve our goal
• Ensure that the Centre can continue to contribute to the growing needs of our community
Through a phased approach Kiddie Sunhine Centre will continue with improvements to our facility, rennovations will accomodate additional childcare spaces and improve accessibility.
PHASE 1 – Basement Enhancement
PHASE 2 – Infant Expansion
PHASE 3 – Toddler Expansion
PHASE 4 – Exterior Expansion & Enhancement
Donated by: Red River Mutual & XTR Consulting Inc.
Donated by: Aaron Hildebrandt & Pioneer Ready Homes Ltd.
Provide sponsorship through Capital Funding
Provide sponsorship through Annual Operating Funds
For more information contact:
Make a 1x Contribution
Donate Goods/Services to the Centre
Donate by cheque to:
Kiddie Sunsine Centre
or etransfer to:
*Tax Receipts available
Become an advocate for Early Childhood Education
Increase your awareness and understanding of childcare needs in our community
Become an advocate of childcare in your community
How can you help?
Thank you to our Capital Sponsors!
Why is supporting important to you?
Contact us for more information